Personal Image Hints and Tips
Wearing the right colours
- Gives an instant face lift by strengthening the jaw and neck line
- Makes you look healthier and eyes more vibrant
- Appears to make fine lines or blemishes less noticeable.
- Do not try to imitate your hair colour of 20 years ago. This will only make you look older, not younger
- A good hair cut will take years off the face age.
- Wearing the right necklines, lengths of skirts and jackets will ensure you always look good and feel good
- Avoid choosing clothes that stretch across the chest or stomach as they will be very unflattering.
- Accessories can make or break an outfit – and can also bring an outfit up to date
- It can be more difficult to have as much fun with accessories if wearing more patterned clothes
- Accessories reflect your personality in style, scale and colour
- Wearing the right hosiery and shoes with an outfit can make all the difference between looking OK and looking good
- Scarves can be very flattering and can help hide a ‘tummy’ as well as add a ‘touch of colour’ round the face if wearing more neutral shades of blue, brown, black etc.
- Every artist needs a good canvas so a good complexion is essential for applying make-up
- A pH balanced Cleanser, toner and moisturiser is an important step in fighting the free radicals that damage our skin as we age
- 2/3 of skin damage is done by light – so it is important to look after your skin
- Avoid certain ingredients in skincare such as alcohol which removes the skin’s natural pH acidic level and petrolatum that clogs the pores
- Choose colour harmonised cosmetics that suit your skin tone
- Blend well to enhance your natural beauty and avoid tide marks.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Are you wearing your clothes or ……..are your clothes wearing you?
- Do you have a wardrobe of clothes and ‘nothing to wear?
- Do you know what colours and styles of clothes suit you?
- Do you have a good skincare routine?
- Has your skin tone changed during the past few years and have you altered your cosmetics to reflect this?
- You never get a second chance to make a first good impression
- You should be noticed for your overall appearance
- If you look good, you will feel good and therefore more confident about yourself.
Appearance accounts for 55% of a first impression
… let us help you create a lasting one!